Director of Innovation for Future Ready Schools, Tom Murray, chats with us about being personal and authentic, and designing learning experiences that impact a lifetime.
Tom shares how we can create an environment where people actually want to be, the importance of taking care yourself, and why you are a leader no matter what your title is.'At the end of the day, we are all responsible to create an environment where kids want to be.' - @thomascmurray from episode 123 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:38 – Talking about our November #TeachBetter Challenge.
- 6:26 – Previewing the episode with Tom Murray
- 10:57 – Tom introduces himself.
- 13:15 – What to expect from Tom’s new book, “Personal & Authentic.”
- 16:43 – How do we create a culture of learning?
- 20:34 – Talking about leveraging tools and spaces to amplify learning. How do we rethink the tools and spaces we have?
- 30:51 – Rae turns Tom against Jeff.
- 31:14 – Tom’s advice for teachers who want to create a legacy that impacts a lifetime.
- 35:00 – Listen to learn how you can win a copy of Tom’s new book!
- 36:13 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 39:10 – Looking back at Tom’s answers on Episode 4.
- 40:47 – How to connect with Tom.
- EdTech Tool: Voxer
- Book: Anything by Dave Ramsey
- Who to Follow on Instagram: @RosaIsiah, @k_shelton
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Inky Johnson
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Taking time to pause and reflect.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “This job is about loving and caring about kids. Everything else is secondary.”
Links to Connect With Thomas
- Website: www.thomascmurray.com
- Twitter: @thomascmurray
- Facebook Page: ThomasCMurrayEDU
- Instagram: @thomascmurrayedu
- YouTube: thomascmurray
- Books: www.thomascmurray.com/books
- PERSONAL & AUTHENTIC: DESIGNING LEARNING EXPERIENCES THAT IMPACT A LIFETIME
- LEARNING TRANSFORMED: 8 KEYS TO DESIGNING TOMORROW’S SCHOOLS, TODAY
- 10 PERSPECTIVES ON INNOVATION IN EDUCATION
- EDUCATION WRITE NOW
- LEADING PROFESSIONAL LEARNING: TOOLS TO CONNECT AND EMPOWER TEACHERS