Instructional coach, Suzanne Dailey, chats with us about patience, perspective, and finding that one small thing you can do today to be better, happier, and more positive.
Suzanne shares her vision for “Teach Happier,” how we need to scan for the good, and why she has the best job in the world.'I'm just a really lucky, and happy educator.' - @DaileySuzanne from episode 139 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:47 – Chatting about Suzanne Dailey’s new “Teach Happier” series.
- 3:05 – Celebrating some of our awesome guest bloggers.
- 7:24 – Previewing the episode with Suzanne Dailey.
- 10:27 – Suzanne introduces herself.
- 12:28 – Suzanne’s failure: Moving to a standards-based reporting. Part of leadership team. Rollout not as thoughtfully planned out. Did not anticipate push back and logistical problems.
- 15:04 – Suzanne’s success: Developing “QUEST.”
- For more information on Suzanne’s school’s QUEST Program, visit: CBSD.org/quest
- 17:33 – What’s keeping Suzanne excited about education right now: The shift to emotional wellness of students, and of teachers.
- 18:52 – Talking about teacher emotional wellness, and Suzanne’s vision for her “Teach Happier” series at www.teachbetter.com.
- 20:38 – Suzanne’s advice for teachers: Quiet the noise.
- 25:27 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 28:30 – How to connect with Suzanne.
- EdTech Tool: Digital Inking
- Book: “UnSelfie” by Dr. Michele Borba
- Who to Follow on Instagram: @Teacher2Teacher and @BehaviorFlip
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Brene Brown’s “Daring Classrooms.”
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Daily gratitude. Compliment someone every day. Every month, use your gift outside your comfort zone.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “The secret to life is surround yourself with good people.” – Suzanne’s parents.
Links to Connect With Suzanne