Junior high principal, and AIMS Network President, Steve Diveley, talks with us about finding positive people to be your lifeline and asking for help when you need it.
Steve chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.
- 3:05 – Steve introduces himself.
- 4:15 – Steve’s failure.
- 7:19 – Steve tells us about the Association of Illinois Middle Level Schools
- 11:09 – Steve’s success.
- 14:35 – What’s got Steve excited about education right now.
- 19:48 – Steve’s advice for new teachers.
- 22:35 – 6 Questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 24:03 – How to connect with Steve.
- EdTech Tool: Google Forms
- Book: “Hiking Through” by Paul Stutzman
- Who to Follow: Rae Hughart (@raehughart)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Edutopia
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Slow down. Daily reflection and prioritization. Give yourself a break to think.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: It is how you respond to the situation that says more than the situation itself. Don’t be that guy!
Links to Connect With Steve
- Website: www.aimsnetwork.org
- Twitter: @SteveDiveley
- Twitter Chat: #AIMSnetwork every Tuesday at 8pm CST
- Email: Always feel free to connect with me for work with the Association of Illinois Middle Schools at my work email firstname.lastname@example.org.