Instructional Technology Coordinator, Stephanie Howell, chats with us about focusing on the “why” in education and then finding the “what” that aligns with it.
Stephanie shares the challenges she’s faced as a younger teacher in a leadership role, the power of connecting with others that can help you grow, and the importance of remembering what you said you were going to do when you were in the interview chair.'I was using the what, and I wasn't going after what their why was in education.' - @mrshowell24 from episode 101 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:28 – Chatting about supporting teachers when they start podcasting with students or with themselves.
- Make sure to join our private Facebook group to get a bunch of free PD.
- 4:00 – Highlighting a few of our featured speakers coming to the Teach Better Conference. Use code “PodcastTalk” to save $50
- 8:45 – Previewing the episode with Stephanie Howell.
- 11:36 – Stephanie introduces herself.
- 12:55 – Stephanie’s failure: Not focusing on her teachers’ “why” in education.
- 16:08 – Stephanie’s success: “ISTE Distinguished District” award in 2018. Going to Google Innovator.
- 18:21 – What’s got Stephanie excited about education right now: Seeing technology help students close learning gaps.
- 21:19 – Stephanie’s advice for teachers: Start with creating relationships.
- 23:03 – How to reflect back to your “why.”
- 24:41 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 26:22 – Stephanie’s “Go to” podcasts:
- 29:44 – How to connect with Stephanie.
- EdTech Tool: Google Slides
- Book: “Educated by Design” by Michael Cohen, The Tech Rabbi
- Who to Follow:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Jamie Casap
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Walk up early and go for a walk while listening to a podcast!
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Jamie Casap
Links to Connect With Stephanie
- Website: https://sites.google.com/plsd.us/mrshowell24/home?authuser=0
- Twitter: @mrshowell24
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/stephanie.howell24
- YouTube: Stephanie Howell
- Email: email@example.com