Director of Innovation & Educational Technology, and author of “Tech With Heart,” Stacey Roshan, chats with us about the use of technology in these unique times, dealing with perfectionism and introversion, and why you need to embrace your style and strength.'In the current situation, one of the ways we're seeing technology being the most useful is to connect.' - @buddyxo from episode 161 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:07 – Shouting out Shelley Burgess (@Burgess_Shelley), and recalling the first time Rae met her in person.
- 5:10 – Previewing the episode with Stacey Roshan.
- 9:13 – Stacey introduces herself.
- 11:10 – Chatting about how Stacey is adjusting things in the world of the COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic.
- 15:58 – Talking about Stacey’s book, “Tech With Heart.”
- 21;33 – Stacey’s failure: perfectionism and introversion
- 26:33 – What’s keeping Stacey excited about education right now: The way that teachers come together to share and spread ideas and just genuinely to the best they can to provide the best experiences possible for kids is always energizing.
- 30:05 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 34:30 – How to connect with Stacey.
- EdTech Tool: Pear Deck, Flipgrid, Edpuzzle
- Who to Follow on Social Media: @Mo_physics
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: TED-Ed – They just launched TED-Ed@Home to support students, educators, and parents impacted by school closures
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine:
- Yoga or just general stretching & strengthening the body
- Daily shutdown routine
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Trust your gut
Links to Connect With Stacey
- Website: techiemusings.com/
- Twitter: @buddyxo
- YouTube: youtube.com/staceyroshan
- Book: Tech with Heart