15 year veteran teacher, and “The Ed Podcast” host, Shane Lawrence, chats with us about giving students ownership, being flexible, and the power of discovering your own style.'If you're bored with what you're teaching, your kids sure are gonna be bored with it too.' - @theedpodcast from episode 154 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 3:45 – Chatting about the “Call For Proposals” for the 2020 Teach Better Conference.
- 10:44 – Previewing the episode with Shane Lawrence.
- 17:03 – Shane introduces himself.
- 18:20 – Shane’s failure: Musical theatre – Took on too much.
- 23:00 – Talking about Shane’s podcast, “The Ed Podcast.”
- 26:02 – What’s keeping Shane excited about education right now: New challenges every dqy.
- 29:22 – Shane’s advice for teachers: Be yourself – work to discover your own style – you don’t have to be someone else, you don’t have to do everything
- 31:48 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 34:52 – How to connect with Shane.
- EdTech Tool: Google Classroom
- Book: “The Overstory” by Richard Powers.
- Who to Follow on Social Media:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Smarter Every Day, New York Times – Anatomy of a Scene
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Do something that scares you.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Pick your battles.
Links to Connect With Shane