Dr. Shamaine Bertrand chats with us about helping teachers be effective in diverse classrooms, truly knowing who you are teaching, and ensuring every day includes a heart, mind, and equity check.'In order to teach someone, you have to know who you are teaching.' - @dr_s_bertrand from episode 172 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
We’ve adjusted the way we do our show notes. We will just be including the recommendations and links to connect with our guest. We will no longer include the timestamp information. If you are someone who prefers we keep things the way they have been, please email Jeff and let him know, and maybe we’ll go back to the original format. Thanks!
- EdTech Tool: YouTube
- Book: “How to Be Antiracist” by Ibram Kendi
- Who to Follow on Social Media:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Teaching Tolerance, Teaching for Change
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Equity check.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “You do not have to be on every tackle.”
Links to Connect With Shamaine
- Twitter: @dr_s_bertrand
- Facebook Page: Shamaine Bertrand
- Books: Check out Google Scholar for published articles
- Podcast: Black Gaze Podcast