22 year veteran, and co-host of the ShareMOedu Podcast, Dr. Rena Hawkins, chats with us about the current opportunities for student leadership and student voice, and why we’re not here to compete with each other.
Rena talks about her “Girl Boss” mentality, how “no” doesn’t always mean “no forever,” and how we all need to create our own path to success.
- 3:07 – Rena introduces herself.
- 4:49 – Rena’s failure.
- 8:11 – Rena’s success.
- 11:26 – What’s got Rena excited about education right now.
- 14:17 – Rena’s advice to new teachers.
- 16:36 – We chat about Rena’s podcast, ShareMOedu
- 19:16 – Jeff puts Rena on the spot and asks her who her favorite podcast guest has been so far.
- 20:34 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 23:42 – How to connect with Rena
- EdTech Tool: Canva, Twitter, Smore
- Who to Follow: Laurie McIntosh, Dr. Jody Carrington, Adam Welcome, Amy Casey, Eric Carlin, Ashley Hawkins, and Dave Schmittou.
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: TedTalks and as an administrator Danny “Sunshine” Bauer’s channel
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Positive self talk! Daily affirmations if you need them! “I bring peace to every corner of my life.”
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Look for moments of awe over moments of oh.”
Links to Connect With Rena
- Website: sharemoedu.weebly.com
- Twitter: @renathunderhawk
- Facebook Page: @MapleWarriors
- Instagram: @renahawkins @maplewarriors @sharemoedu
- YouTube: Maple Elementary
- Voxer: rhawkinsk12
Listen to Rena’s podcast