Teacher, author, consultant, and ISTE Making IT Happen Award winner, Rachelle Dene Poth, chats with us about exploring AR/VR, why she feels like her job is relaxing, and how she sees Artificial Intelligence potentially impacting education.
Rachelle shares her love of learning, the reason she gets excited about every new day, and why you do not need to teach whatever it is you think you need to teach on the first day of school.'Most of what I do is just learning.' - @Rdene915 from episode 89 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 0:44 – Discussing Rae’s favorite word: quixotic
- 5:30 – Previewing the episode with Rachelle Dene Poth
- Come see Rachelle at the Teach Better Conference! Use the discount code “PodcastTalk” and save $50 on either of the 2-Day Registrations.
- 12:32 – Rachelle introduces herself.
- 14:48 – Rachelle’s failure: Failing an exam in law school that she had worked extremely hard preparing for.
- 18:06 – Rachelle’s success:
- 20:24 – Celebrating Rachelle’s ISTE “Making IT Happen” Award (Because she is too humble to say anything about it.)
- 24:34 – What’s got Rachelle excited about education right now: The AR/VR movement. Artificial Intelligence in education.
- 26:25 – Rachelle’s advice to teachers looking to explore AR/VR and/or Artificial Intelligence: Check out Jaime Donally and ARVRinEDU.com
- 28:46 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 32:31 – A new tool Rachelle discovered at ISTE19: A couple EdTech startups using AI to filter appropriate content and ads on YouTube videos to protect kids. Also, MyTapTrack
- 34:15 – How to connect with Rachelle.
- EdTech Tool: Nearpod and Buncee
- Book: “Relentless” by Hamish Brewer
- Who to Follow: #EduMatch #4oclockfaculty #EduGladiators
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: BookCampPD.com
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Making time to greet students at the door and interact with them every single day.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Start with relationships. Whatever you think you need to teach on the first day of school, you do not. You have to make a connection.
Links to Connect With Rachelle
- Website: www.Rdene915.com
- Twitter: @Rdene915
- Facebook Page:
- Instagram: @Rdene915
- Hashtags to Follow: