Middle school history teacher and Edusations creator, Phil Strunk, talks with us about making sure tomorrow is a little brighter for our students.
Phil shares his excitement for the transformation education is going through, why clear expectations are so important in your classroom, and how he tries to bring hope and inspiration to his students.
- 1:53 – Phill introduces himself.
- 3:36 – The #1 focus we should have as teachers.
- 6:55 – Phil’s failure.
- 9:16 – Phil’s success.
- 12:18 – Rae and Phil discuss taking risks with technology.
- 14:01 – Phil explains what Nearpod is.
- 15:24 – What’s got Phil excited about education right now.
- 19:43 – Phil’s advice for new teachers.
- 22:19 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 24:20 – How to connect with Phil.
- EdTech Tool: Screencastify
- Book: “Mortal Engine” Series
- Who to Follow: Patrick Hausammann (@PHausTech)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Edusations
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Spend quality time reflecting – A great time to do it is during waledchat Thursdays at 9pm EST
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Don’t take it personal!
Links to Connect With Phil
- Website: www.philstrunk.com
- Twitter: @MrPStrunk
- YouTube: Edusations
- Hashtags to Follow: #waledchat #Edusations