Pam Olivieri chats with us about focusing on more than a test score, letting our students see that we’re excited about the content, and the importance of not just building relationships, but also having a plan.'What's on paper isn't always the true indication of what the student can do.' - @rockinresources from episode 102 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:27 – Chatting about some FREE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT going on in our private Facebook Group.
- Previous topics:
- September 6: 7 Changes That Could Save Your Teaching Career
- September 10: One Rule to Rule Them All – Purposeful Technology Integration
- Upcoming Topics:
- September 17 at 8:00pm EST: Social Basics For Teachers
- September 24 at 8:00pm EST: Reflecting On Our Summer Goals
- Previous topics:
- 7:29 – Previewing the episode with Pam Olivieri.
- 10:24 – Pam introduces hereself.
- 12:56 – Pam’s failure: Too focused on relationships, but with no management plan.
- 15:44 – Pam’s success: Having her admin that was focused on test scores, change their outlook and focus on student growth.
- 19:10 – What’s got Pam excited about education right now: Taking her business a step further to now offering professional development.
- 21:20 – Pam’s advice for new teachers:
- 24:41 – How to get started on TeachersPayTeachers.com.
- 26:30 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 28:50 – How to connect with Pam.
- EdTech Tool: Tablets
- Book: “Where the Crawdads Sing” by
- Who to Follow on Instagram: @teachersnextdoor @onestopteachershop @createshareteach
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Disney Educational Productions- School House Rocks series. Great for language arts.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Daily bins. Label them Mon-Fri. Print resources and gather books and materials. Place them in each day so they are ready to go!
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Always have a reasonable management plan and follow through. Students like knowing your expectations.
Links to Connect With Pam
- Website: rockinresources.com
- Facebook Page: RockinTeachingResources
- Instagram: @Rockin Resources
- YouTube: Rockin Resources
- Pinterest: Rockin Resources