Noah Geisel is a digital badges consultant, a national speaker, and the Education Director at StackUp.net. Noah shares his journey of being a learner, sharer, traveler, and giver of high-fives.
Noah talks with us about staying humble, understanding that you sound a lot smarter when you ask questions, versus trying to show everyone how much you know, and challenging yourself to get weird and notice new things.
- 3:38 – Noah introduces himself.
- 5:01 – Noah talks about digital badges.
- 6:57 – Noah’s failure.
- 11:04 – Noah’s success.
- 14:03 – What’s got Noah excited about education right now.
- 18:52 – Noah’s advice to new teachers.
- 21:40 – Noah tells us a little about StackUp.
- 27:32 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 31:07 – Noah talks about Badge Summit.
- 31:51 – How to connect with Noah.
- EdTech Tool: Hypothes.is
- Book: “Sourdough” by Robin Sloan and “Radical Candor” by Kim Scott
- Who to Follow: @shanavwhite @remikalir @mrmossfablab
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Find something that triggers your own passions even if (especially if) it’s not explicitly EDU related.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: I regularly project out 3 years.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: If you can write, you can do anything.
Links to Connect With Noah