Fitness expert, Marine Corp Veteran, and founder of TeacherFit, Nick Man, chats with us about why personal wellness is so important for teachers, how he learned to fail forward, and how you can take small steps to be healthier every day.
Nick shares how a simple mindset adjustment can change the way you think and feel about exercise, why he is on a mission to help teachers be healthier, and how a simple morning routine can set your day up for success.'Take small steps. It doesn't need to be 0 to 100 MPH.' - @TeacherFit19 from episode 107 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:47 – Discussing ways educators can pursue more for themselves.
- 6:36 – Previewing the episode with Nick Mann.
- 10:20 – Nick picks his favorite between Jeff, Rae, and Chad. (He picked incorrectly, btw)
- 10:54 – Nick and Jeff pick on Rae.
- 12:59 – Nick introduces himself and the TeacherFit mission.
- 16:36 – Diving into what TeacherFit actually is.
- 21:42 – Nick’s failure: “Daily business failure have taught me to fail forward.”
- 24:06 – Nick’s success: Becoming a Marine Officer.
- 26:08 – What keeps Nick excited and moving forward: Working to make TeacherFit a success for teachers.
- 28:26 – Nick’s advice for teacher (or anyone) looking to be better with their personal wellness: Adjust your mindset. Be excited about taking care of yourself. Take small steps.
- “Tomorrow morning, get up 30 minutes early and do something that’s going to set your day up for success.”
- And then share it out on social media using #TeachBetter and #TeacherFit
- 33:00 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 35:15 – Rae commits to doing some physical exercise, and getting back into Yoga within the next 6 months.
- 26:20 – How to connect with Nick.
- EdTech Tool: The TeacherFit App
- Book: “Shoe Dog” by Phil Knight
- Who to Follow on Instagram: @brewerhm, @mr_Alsheimer, @runandrant
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: TeacherFit YouTube
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Daily movement. Move your body for 10 minutes every day.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Fail Forward.
Links to Connect With Nick
- Website: www.TeacherFit.com
- Twitter: @TeacherFit19
- Facebook Page: TeacherFitOnline
- Instagram: @TeacherFit_Online
- YouTube: TeacherFitHQ
- Podcast: TeacherFit Podcast