Author, TedX speaker, and middle school science teacher, Monica Genta, chats with us about helping students and teachers transform education from average to awesome.
Monica shares how she feels when people tell her a goal is a bad idea, why she loves that education is harder than ever right now, and why education deserves to be celebrated.
- 1:58 – Monica introduced herself.
- 4:01 – Monica’s failure.
- 8:00 – Monica’s success.
- 10:34 – What has Monica excited about education.
- 13:07 – Monica’s advice for new teachers.
- 16:03 – Overview of “180 Days of awesome.”
- 20:36 – Six questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 24:16 – How to connect with Monica
- EdTech Tool: Canva
- Book: “Talk Like Ted” by Carmine Gallo
- Who to Follow: @RaeHughart
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Ted Talks
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Routine! Get into a solid, consistent routine. “I get up and I have the exact some routine every single morning, starting at 5. I get the workout in. I do a morning reflection. And then I crush it for kids.”
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Don’t just talk about it, BE about it.
Links to Connect With Monica
- Website: www.monicagenta.com
- Twitter: @MonicaGentaEd
- Facebook Page: monica.genta.1
- Instagram: @monicagentaed
- YouTube: Monica Genta
- Hashtags to Follow: #180daysofawesome #betheblueapple