Educator, author, and national speaker, Monica Burns, talks with us about focusing on thoughtful, strategic tech integration, and how sometimes a barrier just looks like a barrier.
Monica chats with us about the importance of having a community and having conversations, and why you should eat lunch with everyone.
- 2:30 – Monica introduces herself.
- 3:19 – Let’s talk about edtech for a minute. What’s a piece of edtech that Monica is loving right now?
- 4:40 – Monica talks about the different levels of tech accessibility she’s seeing around the country.
- 7:58 – Monica’s failure.
- 12:28 – What’s got Monica excited about education right now.
- 15:14 – Monica’s advice for new teachers.
- 17:35 – Some awesome things Monica has coming up.
- 19:24 – Monica tells us a bit about her book, “Tasks Before Apps.”
- 21:52 – Monica’s experiences writing 5 books.
- 25:18 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 27:07 – How to connect with Monica.
- EdTech Tool: Google Drive.
- Book: “Building a Story Brand” by Donald Miller
- Who to Follow: #EveryoneCanCreate
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Ted Ed Youtube
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Simplify. Zero in on that 1 or 2 things and prioritizing.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Eat lunch with everyone.
Links to Connect With Monica
- Website: classtechtips.com
- Twitter: @classtechtips
- Facebook Page: @classtechtips
- Instagram: @classtechtips
- YouTube: @classtechtips
- Tasks Before Apps: Designing Rigorous Learning in a Tech-Rich Classroom (ASCD)
- 40 Ways to Inject Creativity in the Classroom with Adobe Spark (EdTechTeam Press)
- #FormativeTech: Meaningful, Sustainable, and Scalable Formative Assessment with Technology (Corwin Press)
- Taming the Wild Text: Literacy Strategies for Today’s Reader (Shell Education)
- Deeper Learning with QR Codes and Augmented Reality: A Scannable Solution for Your Classroom (Corwin Press)