Mike Mohammad chats with us live at Summer Spark (#USMspark) in Milwaukee, WI, sharing stories and lessons learned throughout his 19 year career.
Mike talks about the power of sharing what you’re doing, why communication is so important, and allowing students to express themselves in different ways
- 2:20 – Mike introduces himself.
- 3:08 – Mike’s failure: No communicating what he was doing properly.
- 5:47 – Mike’s success: Implementing Problem-Based Learning. Deciding to share it out to the community.
- 8:38 – What’s got Mike excited about education right now: We can allow students to express themselves in different ways. Standards are not just about content.
- 9:38 – Mike’s advice for new teachers: Share. Not just within your own school, beyond your school.
- 11:06 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 15:35 – How to connect with Mike.
- EdTech Tool: Peardeck and Google Slides
- Book: “Don’t Ditch That Tech” by Matt Miller, Nate Ridgway, and Angelia Ridgway
- Who to Follow: Mike’s school’s twitter account: @bchs_sde
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: America’s Test Kitchen on YouTube
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Reflecting. Find some way to reflect.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “If you’re clear on the why and the what, the how will figure itself out.” Jim Rickabaugh.
Links to Connect With Mike