2nd grade teacher, Michelle Weiss, chats with us about being as “extra” as possible, learning to listen, and working through changes and challenges to have her best year ever.
Michelle talks about being focused on self care, the importance of being authentic on social media, and how we can have a positive digital footprint.
- 0:37 – Shoutout to “Frank on Facebook” for Rae’s descriptive word.
- 1:51 – Avoiding the “fluff’ on social media.
- 7:04 – Previewing the episode with Michelle Weiss
- 10:26 – Michelle introduces herself.
- 13:30 – Michelle’s failure: Not being open to feedback in her first few years.
- Reading Kim Bearden’s “Talk To Me” changed her perspective.
- 17:23 – Michelle’s success: Her whole school year. It was her hardest year yet, but she came out of it better than before.
- 19:05 – What’s got Michelle excited about education right now: Teachers getting more authentic on social media, sharing true value, and the fact that teachers are open to new ideas and looking to learn and grow to be better.
- 22:53 – Michelle’s advice for new teachers: Have a positive digital footprint.
- Check out the new FREE course, “Social Media Basics For Teachers.”
- 26:16 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 27:54 – How to connect with Michelle.
- EdTech Tool: Seesaw
- Who to Follow: Instagram: @readlikearockstar, @confessionsofamuslimmom,
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Ted Ed Talks
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: A good night’s sleep, actually sticking to a sleep schedule
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Make it Happen”
Links to Connect With Michelle
- Website: thecolorfulteacher.wordpress.com
- Twitter: @michelleweiss_
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/thecolorfulteacher
- Instagram: @thecolorfulteacher