Meghan Deegan chats with us about the power of reflection, getting over the fear of failure, and surrounding yourself with the right people.
Meghan shares how she learned to love failure, why we need to instill that same love in our students, and how we can question ourselves in the right way.'Every failure gets us one step closer to getting it right.' - @mdeegan122 from episode 98 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 0:46 – Previewing the episode with Meghan Deegan.
- 1:33 – Breaking down what The Grid Method is.
- 9:36 – Meghan introduces herself.
- 11:30 – Meghan’s failure: Being afraid to fail and try new things.
- 13:57 – Meghan’s success: Changing to love failure.
- 18:34 – What’s got Meghan excited about education right now: The amount of teachers we can collaborate with.
- 20:01 – Meghan’s advice for teachers: Find those positive teachers that are passionate about what they’re doing.
- 25:18 – Meghan discusses her journey of trying out The Grid Method.
- 30:29 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 33:43 – How to connect with Meghan
- EdTech Tool: Gimkit.
- Book: “Hacking Leadership” by Joe Sanfelippo.
- Who to Follow: Joe Sanfelippo (@JoeSanfelippo).
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Math Antics and www.teachbetter.com.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Self Care & balance.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Reflect. Often. All the time. A lot.
Links to Connect With Meghan