Director of Curriculum and Instruction, and Author, Matthew Joseph, chats with us about being inspired by collaboration, doing what’s in the best interest of students, and being true to yourself.
Matt talks about the power of asking for honest feedback, providing value to others through relationships, and being yourself to bring your unique gifts to the classroom.
- 0:33 – Shoutout to Jay C. Percell (@jaycpercell) for Rae’s descriptive word for Jeff.
- 1:13 – Talking a little about some of the conferences we’re heading to over the next 2 months.
- 4:48 – Previewing the episode with Matt Joseph.
- 7:33 – Matt introduces himself.
- 9:30 – Talking about Matt’s books:
- “The Power Of Us” – Available now on Amazon.
- “The Modern Mentor” – Coming out this Fall 2019.
- 12:45 – Your chance to win a FREE copy of Matt’s book, “The Power of Us.”
- 14:12 – Follow Matt’s new curriculum Twitter PLN – @LPS_CIA
- 15:15 – Matt’s failure: Defaulting to trying to be the boss, instead of trying to be a leader.
- 18:18 – Matt’s success: Being true to himself and making connections like Mark Barnes from Times 10 Publications.
- 21:46 – Chatting about the power of networking and connecting people.
- 25:01 – Matt’s advice for teachers looking to thrive on collaboration and be progressive: Be who you are and maximize that to its fullest.
- 30:31 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 33:36 – How to connect with Matt.
- EdTech Tool: Google Drive, Buncee
- Book: “Hacking Questions” by Connie Hamilton
- Who to Follow: Carl Hooker (@mrhooker)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: www.hacklearningacademy.com
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Go to work Monday on a high. Create a Monday playlist to get you excited and happy to start the week excited.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: 5/10 rule – If you’re 10 feet away from someone, wave to them. if you’re 5 feet, say hello.
Links to Connect With Matthew
- Website: techinnovation.live
- Twitter: @MatthewXJoseph @LPS_CIA
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/drmatthewxjoseph
- YouTube: bit.ly/mxjyoutube
- Email: email@example.com