Middle School Principal, Mark Heller, chats with us about changing the attitude in your school, building strong relationships, and the power of just being yourself.'Every day is not going to be perfect. Every class isn't going to be perfect.' - @mheller2115 from episode 141 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 2:17 – Talking about Rae’s new “Retakes” course over at www.teachbetteracademy.com.
- 5:27 – Previewing the episode with Mark Heller.
- 8:31 – Mark introduces himself.
- 10:12 – Mark’s failure: Sitting in an expulsion hearing with kids on the last day of school last year.
- 12:27 – Mark’s success: Changing the attitude at his school.
- 15:11 – What’s keeping Mark excited about education right now: The value and importance of building strong relationships.
- 16:50 – Mark’s advice for teachers: Every day is not going to be perfect. Every class isn’t going to be perfect.
- 18:50 – Mark tells us about all the roles he’s had in his building.
- 20:15 – What Mark wants teachers to know about administrators: We all care about everyone. We’re all in this together.
- 26:00 – Rae can’t handle the idea of drinking so much water.
- 22:52 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 31:27 – How to connect with Mark.
- EdTech Tool: Google Calendar. The Full Focus Planner by Michael Hyatt.
- Book: “Hacking Assessment” by Starr Sackstein and “Alone On The Wall” by Alex Honnold.
- Who to Follow on Instagram: IG: @monicagentaed, IG: @teachcreatemotivate, Twitter: @TeacherFit19
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: www.CommonSenseMedia.org
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine:
- Daily: Drink half your body weight in ounces of water.
- Weekly: Reflect and plan.
- Take care of yourself.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Don’t have any expectations of others, that you have not communicated to them.”
Links to Connect With Mark