Instructional coach, Lauren Vaclavik, chats with us about being a part of something bigger, the power of reflection, and creating a culture of coaching.
Lauren talks about how change is difficult, but she sees teachers out there putting in the time, and how she wants to open doors for her students.'I want to keep as many doors open for my students as possible.' - @mrsvaclavik from episode 130 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:26 – Chatting about our Winter Break Live PD Series in our Private Facebook Group.
- 7:00 – Previewing the episode with Lauren Vaclavik
- 10:37 – Lauren introduces herself.
- 13:02 – Lauren’s failure: 2 years of basically just “trying to show up” and not being there for her students.
- 15:48 – Lauren’s success: Being a part of something bigger.
- 19:53 – What’s keeping Lauren excited about education: That we are focusing on learning and learning for all students.
- 21:24 – Lauren’s advice to teachers: If you let people in and let them support you, you have the ability to go further, faster.
- 24:14 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 27:06 – How to connect with Lauren.
- EdTech Tool: Mentimeter
- Book: “Relentless” by Hamish Brewer. “Peer Power: Unite Learn, Prosper: Activate an Assessment Revolution” by Paul Bloomberg, Barb Pitchford, and Kara Vandas.
- Who to Follow on Instagram: @BrianFaulkner44 @jimknight99 @TeachBoost
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: https://www.fishbowlapp.com/
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Self care. Get that workout in!
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Nothing is important if everything is important.
Links to Connect With Our Guest