Elementary teacher turned Student Learning Coach, Lauren Salsinger, chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, stepping out of your comfort zone, and the crucial promise she made to herself.
Lauren shares the power of building relationships with not just our students, but our stakeholders as well, and reminds us that it’s okay to say no sometimes.
- 0:49 – Information about the Teach Better Conference
- 2:25 – How to submit a proposal to present.
- 4:32 – Previewing today’s episode with Lauren Salsinger.
- 6:51 – Lauren introduces herself.
- 8:45 – Lauren’s failure.
- 16:20 – Lauren’s success.
- 21:14 – What’s got Lauren excited about education right now.
- 23:43 – Lauren’s advice for new teachers.
- 25:58 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 29:19 – How to connect with Lauren.
- EdTech Tool: Google Drive and FlipGrid
- Book: “How to Differentiate Instruction in Academically Diverse Classrooms” by Carol Ann Tomlinson
- Who to Follow: Jennifer Gonzales – @CultofPedagogy
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: John Spencer!!!
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Reflect daily, connect with other educators weekly, and go outside of your comfort zone monthly.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: You can’t do EVERYTHING & It’s OK to say no.
Links to Connect With Lauren
- Website: Diary of a 21st Century Teacher
- Twitter: @MrsSalsinger
- Facebook Page: Diary of a 21st Century Teacher
- Instagram: @Diaryofa21stCenturyTeacher