Educational Technology Coach, and co-founder of ClassroomQ, Kyle Neimis, chats with us about flipping your classroom, making global connections, and the power of getting off the stage.'I like to let people do things that they couldn't do beforehand.' - @kyleniemis from episode 147 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 3:14 – Celebrating Allyson Apsey’s new book, “The Serendipity Journal.” Follow Allyson on Twitter (@AllysonApsey).
- 6:24 – Previewing the episode with Kyle Neimis.
- 8:50 – Kyle introduces himself.
- 10:26 – Chatting about ClassroomQ.
- 14:04 – Kyle’s failure: First attempt at flipping his classroom.
- 17:14 – Kyle’s success: Getting off the stage.
- 18:54 – What’s keeping Kyle excited about education right now: Global connections.
- 20:25 – Kyle’s advice for teachers: Take lots of chances.
- 21:34 – Kyle’s first steps to getting into Global Connections:
- 22:55 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 25:09 – How to connect with Kyle.
- EdTech Tool: Trello
- Book: “Talking to Strangers” by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Who to Follow on Social Media: @Wegotteched @fuglefun
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Cult of Pedagogy
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Give yourself buffer time.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Everyone’s fighting their own battle.
Links to Connect With Kyle