Instructional coach, and adjunct professor, Kim Darche, chats with us about why you should have tea with everyone, be prepared to change, and look to always pour yourself into others so they flourish.
Kim talks about the power of challenging your beliefs, why we need to meet people where they are at, and how important it is to re-connect with educators from your past.
- 0:33 – Shoutout to Bradford Hubbard (@hubbardbradford) for Rae’s description word.
- 2:30 – Chatting about some of our favorite books for your Summer reading!
- “Teach Like A Pirate” by Dave Burgess
- “Kids Deserve It” by Adam Welcome and Todd Nesloney
- “Innovator’s Mindset” by George Couros
- “Power Of Us” by Matthew Joseph
- “Talk To Me” by Kim Bearden
- “Relentless” by Hamish Brewer
- “Learning Transformed” by Thomas C. Murray and Eric Scheninger
- “Run like A Pirate” by Adam Welcome
- “The Edupreneur” by Dr. Will
- “One Drop of Kindness” by Jeffrey Kubiak
- “The Fire Within” by Mandy Froehlich
- “Divergent EDU” by Mandy Froehlich
- 11:01 – Preview of the episode with Kim Darche
- 14:31 – Kim introduces herself.
- 16:17 – Kim’s failure: Winning a grant for iPads. Moving too fast and not embracing where teachers are at.
- 18:44 – Kim’s success: One of her graduate course students scored “excellent” on her evaluation.
- 21:51 – What’s got Kim excited about education right now: Being the conference coordinator for IETC this year.
- 27:41 – Kim’s advice for teachers: Be prepared to change.
- 32:00 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 34:48 – How to connect with Kim.
- EdTech Tool: Audible
- Book: “Blink” by Malcolm Gladwell. “Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet” by Jamie Ford.
- Who to Follow: Lindsay Zilly (@iCoachLindsay)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Post Secret or Soul Pancake
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Daily – 10 min meditation. Weekly – read 3 times. Monthly – reconnect with an educator of your past.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Have tea with everyone.
Links to Connect With Kim