Kay-Twelve founder, Kevin Stoller, chats with us about surrounding yourself with positivity, the importance of planning your day, and the power of your classroom’s environment.
Kevin talks about getting rid of the things we know are doing harm, what the worst marketing campaign ever looks like, and why change requires changing the physical environment.'If you want to do change, it's almost impossible to do change without changing the physical environment.' - Kevin Stoller of @KayTwelve from episode 131 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:31 – Chatting with Rae about her classroom environment.
- 6:12 – Previewing the episode with Kevin Stoller.
- 9:53 – Kevin introduces himself.
- 11:36 – Kevin shares some changes he sees coming in education.
- 17:41 – Kevin’s failure: The worst marketing campaign ever.
- 21:05 – What’s keeping Kevin excited about education right now: Visually seeing the level of engagement changing when you change the environment.
- 27:20 – Kevin’s advice for teachers: Start with a blank slate.
- 30:05 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 32:43 – How to connect with Kevin.
- EdTech Tool: Calendly
- Book: “Talking With Strangers” by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Who to Follow on Twitter: Dr. Robert Dillon (@drrobertdillon)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: A4LE
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Surround yourself with positivity – podcasts, books, mastermind groups
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Plan your day.
Links to Connect With Kevin