Educational Consultant, and 30-year veteran teacher, Katie Decker, chats with us about the importance on communication, why you should give yourself a break, and not trying to be perfect.'You're not going to be perfect. Don't try to be, because it won't work.' - Katie Decker of @Learnwithsocra1 from episode 160 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 2:17 – Rae shares the most common challenges she has been talking with teachers about during the COVID-19/Coronavirus Pandemic.
- 12:42 – Previewing the episode with Katie Decker.
- 16:25 – Katie introduces herself.
- 17:22 – Katie shares what the Socrates platform is.
- 19:35 – Katie’s failure: Learning how critical communication is.
- 21:30 – Katie’s success: Winning the National Blue Ribbon award.
- 23:39 – What’s keeping Katie excited about education right now: Continuing to provide the resources to make the job a little less challenging.
- 24:42 – Katie’s advice for teachers: Give yourself a break.
- 28:29 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 30:52 – How to connect with Katie.
- EdTech Tool: Socrates. Learning Camtasia.
- Who to Follow on Social Media: Go into your general feed. Pay attention to your local and state news.
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Science Mom on YouTube.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Daily: Make your bed first. Weekly: Take time for yourself.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Don’t try to be perfect.
Links to Connect With Katie
- Website: withsocrates.com
- Twitter: @Learnwithsocra1
- Facebook Page: @learnwithsocrates
- Instagram: @learnwithsocrates