20+ year teaching veteran, consultant, and author, Kathleen Almy, chats with us about creating the best math experiences possible, adjusting to new ways of teaching, and the awesomeness of educators doing what needs to be done.'I just wanted students to have as good of an experience in math as possible, and I want the teachers to enjoy it too.' - @Almy_Education from episode 171 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 3:00 – Discussing our lives during the COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic.
- 13:19 – Previewing the episode with Kathleen Almy
- 16:40 – Kathleen introduces herself.
- 19:20 – How the COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic has changed Kathleen’s work.
- 23:30 – Chatting about Kathleen’s new program: ONRAMP
- 30:15 – What’s keeping Kathleen excited about education right now: The way educators have done what has needed to be done to make education work right now.
- 35:40 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 38:12 – How to connect with Kathleen.
- EdTech Tool: Zoom
- Book: “Do Less” by Kate Northrup
- Who to Follow on Social Media:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: PatrickJMT
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Reflect and adjust.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Math should not be mysterious. Everything I teach I should be able to explain why.
Links to Connect With Kathleen
- Website: www.almyeducation.com
- Twitter: @Almy_Education
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AlmyEducation
- YouTube: Almy Education
- Book: “Math” Lit by Pearson Education
- On Ramp Courses: courses.almyeducation.com/onramp