18 year veteran teacher, Kate MacFarlane, chats with us about building relationships, connecting with others, and why we should think of teaching like a taco.'If you ever get really down or really discouraged, just remember, this too shall pass, and things will get better.' - @PrimarilyKate (on IG) from episode 137 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 0:46 – Chatting about our friend, Jorge Valenzuela’s new book, “Rev Up Robotics.” Follow Jorge @jorgedoespbl.
- 6:39 – Previewing the episode with Kate MacFarlane (@PrimarilyKate)
- 9:24 – Kate introduces herself.
- 12:00 – Kate’s failure: Attempting to implement an idea to help with a divisive environment, and making it worse.
- 16:11 – Kate’s success: Teaching 2nd graders that were struggling. Setting up co-teaching and seeing success in students.
- 18:04 – What’s keeping Kate excited about education right now: Connecting with other educators.
- 20:31 – Kate’s advice to teachers: Think of teaching like a taco.
- 22:39 – Chatting about Teachers Pay Teachers. Kate recommend’s Kayse Morris‘s course.
- 24:35 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 26:16 – How to connect with Kate.
- EdTech Tool: FlipGrid
- Book: “Think and Grow Rich” by Napolean Hill.
- Who to Follow on Instagram: eddiebcomedy
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: classroomscreen.com
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Gratitude journal.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: This too, shall pass.
Links to Connect With Kate