Assistant Principal, and host of the ASPIRE Leadership Podcast, Joshua Stamper, chats with us about relationships, passion projects, and going further to be a leader.
Joshua talks about changing the structure of education, looking at what you’re doing to affect your district, and why we cannot be afraid to ask questions.'The whole reason I went into education was to change the structure that I was in myself.' - @joshua__stamper on episode 117 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 4:23 – What id you cannot make it to the Teach Better Conference?
- 8:30 – Previewing the episode with Joshua Stamper.
- 11:17 – Joshua introduces himself.
- 11:50 – Joshua’s failure: Proving to his district that he could go beyond his subject matter and be a leader.
- 15:51 – Joshua’s success: Creating a program for peer groups and partnering with PTA members and community members.
- 18:38 – Joshua shares what he’ll be speaking on at the Teach Better Conference.
- 20:43 – What’s got Joshua excited about education right now: Technology.
- 23:44 – Joshua’s advice for new teachers: Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- 26:26 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 30:25 – How to connect with Joshua.
- EdTech Tool: Calendly
- Book: “The Coach Adventure” by Amy Illingworth
- Who to Follow on Twitter:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Todd Nesloney and Rick Wormeli
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Everyone needs to create. Everyone needs a passion project.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “In relationships, love is a choice.” – Joshua’s mom.
Links to Connect With Joshua
- Website: www.joshstamper.com
- Twitter: @joshua__Stamper
- Facebook Page: @AspirePodcast
- Instagram: @joshua__Stamper