Superintendent, author, and keynote speaker, Joe Sanfelippo, chats with us about being a part of an environment and a community that you can be proud of, serving that community, and the importance of listening.
Joe shares the components of building an amazing school culture, how they have transformed their professional development, and the power of empowering your team to be better.
- 3:40 – What you need to have in order to present at the Teach Better Conference.
- 5:40 – A look at today’s episode
- 9:29 – Joe introduces himself.
- 10:14 – Joe’s failure.
- 15:00 – Joe’s success.
- 17:04 – Surround yourself with good people, and provide them with the opportunity to get better.
- 19:11 – How Joe and his team structure their professional development.
- 22:52 – What’s got Joe excited about education right now.
- 25:30 – Joe’s advice for new teachers.
- 28:39 – What Joe wants teachers to know about their administrators.
- 31:32 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 34:10 – How to connect with Joe.
- EdTech Tool: Twitter
- Book: “The Trust Edge” by David Horsager
- Who to Follow: Jimmy Casas (@casas_jimmy)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Anything that has to do with celebrating the work of schools.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Writing 2 positive notes to kids, or making 1 positive call to a kid, every day to end your day.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “The greatest gift of service that you can give to another human is for the time that you’re with them, they are the center of your universe.” Nancy Blair
Links to Connect With Joe