Author, speaker, and 26 year veteran teacher, Jimmy Casas, shares what being a champion for our students really means, and why we must first “collect the dots” in order to build a strong community.
Jimmy tells us the story that “changed everything,” talks about his biggest fear, and shares the 4 most powerful words of leadership.
- 2:45 – Jimmy introduces himself.
- 4:12 – Jimmy talks about his best-selling book, “Culturize.”
- 9:01 – Jimmy’s failure.
- 14:26 – Jimmy’s success.
- 19:47 – What’s got Jimmy excited about education.
- 23:35 – Jimmy’s advice for new teachers.
- 29:51 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 32:53 – How to connect with Jimmy.
- EdTech Tool: Voxer
- Book: “Reclaiming Our Calling” by Brad Gustafson (Releasing 2019)
- Who to Follow: Weston Kieschnick and LaVonna Roth
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: georgecouros.ca
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Every day we walk into our school buildings or our classrooms, we should walk in like it’s the first day of school. Bring that energy, that passion, and that attitude that I’m here to change the world. Every day should be like the first day of school.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Make hard work your passion, because then it doesn’t matter what you choose for a career; you’ll be successful.” And “When you walk into a room, make sure you leave that room with more energy than when you found it.” – Jimmy’s dad.
Links to Connect With Jimmy
- Website: www.jimmycasas.com
- Twitter: @casas_jimmy
- Facebook Page: JimmyCasasCulturize
- Instagram: @casas_jimmy
- Voxer: casas_jimmy