6th grade math and language arts teacher, Jessie Lynch, chats with us about allowing yourself permission to make mistakes, try something new, and taking the time to do what you need to do.
Jessie shares why it’s important to remember you don’t need to be perfect, and why we’re not just here to move through the material.
More at www.teachbetter.com/podcast/jessielynch
- 2:45 – Jessie introduces herself.
- 5:18 – Jessie’s failure.
- 9:10 – Jessie’s success.
- 15:03 – What’s got Jessie excited about education right now.
- 17:36 – Jessie talks a little about restorative practices and mindfulness.
- 20:32 – Jessie’s advice for new teachers.
- 22:31 – Six questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 24:22 – How to connect with Jessie.
- EdTech Tool: Seesaw
- Podcast Recommended: “Teach Better Talk” and the Teach Better Team Facebook Page
- Who to Follow: #MasteryChat
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Edutopia
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Daily reflection and goal setting, for your students AND for you.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: You can’t do it all yourself. That’s why you have a team.
Links to Connect With Jessie