Instructional coach, and 21 year veteran teacher, Jennifer Appel, chats with us about the little things that can have big impacts, staying open-minded, and why we have to keep learning.'I don't want kids to ever feel the way I did about reading.' - @jennifermappel from episode 124 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 4:10 – #TeachBetterTalk challenge for you: Reflect on the things you are thankful for. Use #TeachBetter and #TeachBetterTalk.
- 6:00 – Previewing the episode with Jennifer Appel.
- 11:51 – Jen introduces herself.
- 13:58 – Jen’s failure: Not getting into the education program.
- 19:32 – Jen’s success: A student of hers becoming a teacher and sharing why she became a teacher.
- 24:27 – What’s got Jen excited about education: Innovation.
- 26:00 – Jen’s advice to teachers:
- 27:51 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 30:19 – How to connect with Jennifer.
- EdTech Tool: Google.
- Book: Audio book: “The Moment of Lift” by Melinda Gates. “Educated” by Tara Westover. “EDrenaline Rush” by John Meehan.
- Who to Follow on Instagram: IG: @maya.sheltie Twitter: @DonEppsEDU
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Newsela
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Exercise every single day for at least an hour.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Be yourself in your lesson.
Links to Connect With Jennifer