Gifted intervention specialist, instructional coach, and author, Jen Molitor, chats with us about choosing to embrace all the things thrown at you every day, following your heart, and believing that all kids deserve to learn.
Jen talks about deciding to love your job, being 200% in, and reconnecting with your why.'I was there. I showed up. I did my job. But I wasn't all in.' - @TeacherRenegade from episode 129 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 0:33 – Shoutout to Katie Alvarez. (@freshfromthe4th)
- 3:19 – Shoutout to Katelynn Giordano. (@Mrs_Giordano on Twitter. @curriculumcoffee on IG)
- 7:09 – Previewing the episode with Jen Molitor.
- 10:19 – Jen introduces herself.
- 11:11 – Chatting about the 2019 Teach Better Conference.
- 12:13 – Talking about Jen’s book, “The Happy Teacher’s Handbook.”
- 13:57 – Jen’s failure: Allowing herself to become “that teacher.”
- 16:35 – Jen’s success: Making “a heart decision.”
- 17:58 – Chatting about The Grid Method and how her district uses it.
- 22:16 – What’s got Jen excited about education right now: Her new writing group.
- 22:50 – Jen’s advice for teachers: Remember why.
- 25:41 – 6 questions in 15 seconds or less.
- 28:40 – How to connect with Jen.
- EdTech Tool: Google Classroom
- Book: “Teach Better” by Teach Better Team, “Everything is Figureoutable” by Marie Forleo, “Why Smart Kids Worry” by Allison Edwards.
- Who to Follow on Instagram: @MichaelBonner_ @alienearbud @IanAByrd
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Cult of Pedagogy
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: A daily, healthy morning routine- drink 20 ounces of water first thing or exercise
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Keep being awesome for kids
Links to Connect With Our Guest
- Website: www.happyteachershandbook.com
- Twitter: @TeacherRenegade
- Facebook Page: @Thehappyteachersbook
- Book: The Happy Teacher’s Handbook