Elementary principal, and author of “One Drop Of Kindness,” Jeffrey Kubiak, chats about supporting his teachers no matter what, always reflecting and adjusting to adapt to what the world is doing to our kids, and how one drop of kindness can change everything.
Jeff gives some insight into his book, “One Drop Of Kindness,” shocks us with his awesome swimming career, and shares why we need to “help them put the gloves on.”
- 1:42 – Jeff and Rae chat about flexible seating.
- 6:19 – Preview of our interview with Jeffrey Kubiak.
- 9:03 – Jeff introduce’s himself.
- 9:45 – Jeff shares his background in collegiate swimming.
- 12:55 – Jeff’s failure.
- 15:12 – Jeff’s success.
- 16:36 – What’s getting Jeff excited about education right now.
- 18:16 – Jeff’s advice to new teachers.
- 20:07 – A little about Jeff’s book, “One Drop of Kindness” releasing the first week of May, 2019.
- 23:46 – What Jeff wants teachers to know about administrators.
- 27:26 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 28:30 – How to connect with Jeff.
- EdTech Tool: Voxer
- Book: “Dare to Lead” by Brene Brown
- Who to Follow: Jon Alsheimer (@mr_Alsheimer) Hans Appel (@hansappel094) Tamara Letter (@tamaraletter)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: TedEd, National Geographic
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Twitter check. Mindfulness/Eyes closed break. Delete email app from phone. Disconnect. Get to know your students. Take a break.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Follow your heart.
Links to Connect With Jeff
- Website: principalkubiak.blogspot
- Twitter: @jeffreykubiak
- YouTube Channel: Pushing Boundaries
- Instagram: @aquakube