Jeffrey Bradbury, educational podcaster and founder of TeacherCast, chats with us about podcasting to help give educators a voice, why he loves using the medium to connect educators and grow together, and how you can start podcasting, too.
Jeffrey shares his story of building multiple podcasts over the past 9 years, how you can teach like a WWE Superstar, and why we need to be the conductors in our classrooms.
- 1:03 – Shout out to Nick Sutton (@DrNickSutton) for providing Rae’s word to describe Jeff for this episode.
- 3:55 – Rae shares some of her favorite “Non-Educational” podcasts, and how non-educational podcasts (and books) can provide a lot of value.
- “Eric in The Morning with Melissa & Whip” -101.9fm THE MIX WTMX Chicago
- “The Ask Adam and Ryan Show” – Adam Welcome and Ryan Sheehy
- “The Rise Podcast” – Rachel Hollis
- “How to Be Awesome At Your Job” – Pete Mockaitis (Check out episode #430 with Jeff!)
- “Ask The Tech Coach” – Jeffrey Bradbury
- “Teachers On Fire” – Tim Cavey
- “The Aspire Leadership Podcast” – Joshua Stamper
- “In AWE Podcast” – Sarah Johnson
- 8:52 – Previewing the episode with Jeff Bradbury.
- 10:47 – Jeffrey introduces himself.
- 11:23 – Jeffrey chats about some of his many podcasts.
- 13:34 – Jeffrey takes through the steps of how to start podcasting. Can you podcast for free? Yes.
- 15:58 – Jeffrey’s failure.
- 18:57 – Jeffrey’s success: His family facing countless challenges, and overcoming.
- 21:47 – Jeffrey shares what it’s like being on the other side of the microphone.
- 24:04 – Jeffrey shares how you teach like a WWE superstar.
- 26:40 – What’s got Jeffrey excited about education right now.
- 28:43 – Jeffrey chats about how to help teachers get comfortable with new ideas when they want to, and when they don’t want to. Listen, find your avatar, and fill their needs.
- 30:45 – Jeffrey dives into who your “avatar” is.
- 34:30 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 38:33 – We make Jeffrey share is #1 favorite podcast: “Something To Wrestle” – Bruce Prichard
- 41:23 – How to connect with Jeffrey.
- EdTech Tool: WordPress and Final Cut Pro
- Book: Feedly
- Who to Follow: Dr. Sam Patterson (@SamPatue) Sam’s podcast: “Beyond The Hour of Code”
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Teachers.Tech / Jamie Keets
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Listen to a good Podcast … and share it with others. They don’t need to be educational.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Be thankful there are only 3 babies.
Links to Connect With Jeffrey
- Twitter: @TeacherCast and @JeffBradbury
- Facebook Page: www.TeacherCast.net/Facebook
- Instagram: www.TeacherCast.net/instagram
- YouTube: www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube