Jason Habisch chats with us about taking care of yourself, being a part of a championship team, and recruiting your own board of advisors.
Jason talks about the power of reflection, leaning into a challenge and learning from it, and explains why it’s not what you know, or who you know, but both.'It's not what you know. It's not who you know. It's both.' - Jason Habisch from episode 110 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 3:11 – Chatting about our favorite parts of the “Teach Better” book.
- 6:52 – Tweet to win a FREE signed copy of the book!
- 11:01 – Previewing the episode with Jason Habisch
- 14:24 – Jason introduces himself.
- 15:30 – Jason’s failure: Stepping away from education and starting a business.
- 20:53 – Jason’s success: Being part of a championship football program.
- 29:13 – What’s keeping Jason excited about education right now: The moments he gets to coach a kid into a vision of themselves that’s much bigger than what they had.
- 34:01 – Jason’s advice for teachers: Be brave enough to be the adult. And recruit your own board of advisors.
- 37:48 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 39:54 – How to connect with Jason
- EdTech Tool: quizizz/quizlet
- Book: “Atomic habits” by James Clear
- Who to Follow on Instagram:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Relaxingsoundzzz
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Plan your personal week on a Sunday night.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Don’t miss out on your own kids coaching everyone else’s.” – Bill Kerbel
Links to Connect With Our Guest