19 year teaching veteran, Jana Zipfel chats with us about taking time to focus on relationships, the importance of self-care, and why you shouldn’t try to do everything.
Jana shares how she’s implemented student led conferences, how it takes time to figure things out, and why we need to learn to let it go.'Let things go and move on, cause tomorrow's always a new day.' - @JanaMrszipfel from episode 138 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:37 – Rae talks about Seesaw, and how she uses it in her classroom.
- 5:37 – Previewing the episode with Jana Zipfel.
- 8:19 – Jana introduces herself.
- 10:18 – Jana’s failure: Early years of her career. Not taking the time to build relationships.
- 12:55 – Jana’s success: Student led conferences.
- 16:12 – What’s keeping Jana excited about education right now: Working toward her admin certification.
- 18:00 – Jana’s advice for teachers: Do not try to do everything.
- 22:20 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 24:52 – How to connect with Jana.
- EdTech Tool: Seesaw
- Book: “Fully Charged Systems” – PJ Caposey
- Who to Follow on Instagram: PJ Caposey, Maria Papiez, Joe Sweeny
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Kid President, Ryan and Craig Storytime
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Self care – make some kind of daily routine
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Let it Go”
Links to Connect With Jana