Assistant Superintendent, author, and 22-year veteran teacher, Jacie Maslyk, chats with us about being addicted to learning, remembering what we’re really here for, and when she realized how important it is for kids to develop literacy skills.
Jacie shares how she always finds her way back to the students, the power of collaboration, and why it’s so important to let kids see that as teachers and leaders, we’re still learners.
- 0:44 – Shoutout to Tiffany Ott (@techieteachott) for Rae’s descriptive word.
- 2:30 – Talking about how you can connect with your community and bring them into your classroom.
- 7:25 – Jacie introduces herself.
- 10:55 – Shoutout to the AWESOME Kristen Nan (@nankr1120)
- 12:45 – Jacie chats about her books:
- 19:33 – Jacie’s failure.
- 21:58 – What’s got Jacie excited about education right now: Collaboration and the relationships we build.
- 25:54 – Jacie’s advice for teachers: Get connected. Seek connections beyond the classroom.
- 30:32 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 32:08 – How to connect with Jacie.
- EdTech Tool: Canva
- Book: “One Drop Of Kindness” by Jeff Kubiak
- Who to Follow: Rachelle Dene Poth (@Rdene915), Jaime Donally (@JaimeDonally), Kristen Nan (@nankr1120)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Education Closet
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Find your way to work on mindfulness.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Start small, but just start.
Links to Connect With Jacie
- Website: www.steam-makers.com jaciemaslyk.blogspot.com
- Twitter: @DrJacieMaslyk
- Instagram: @jaciemaslyk