9th grade english teacher, and founder of YES RI, Erin Hall, chats with us about finding a way to connect the social and professional experiences for educators, keeping teachers supported and motivated, and reflecting on everything you do.
Erin shares why communication is key, and explains how students liking you and students respecting you do not need to be exclusive.
More at www.teachbetter.com/podcast/erinhall
- 2:08 – Erin introduces herself.
- 2:54 – Erin tells us about YES RI.
- 5:35 – Erin’s failure.
- 8:29 – Erin’s success.
- 10:40 – Erin talks a bit about gamification.
- 13:08 – What’s got Erin excited about education right now.
- 14:32 – Erin’s advice for new teachers.
- 16:52 – Diving deeper into establishing respect and building relationships.
- 19:21 – 6 questions in 15 seconds or less.
- 21:25 – Erin talks about the Highlander Institute.
- 23:18 – How to connect with Erin.
- EdTech Tool: Common Curriculum
- Book: “The Compassionate Achiever” by Chris Kukk & “The Financial Diet” by Chelsea Fagan & Lauren Verhage
- Who to Follow: Rae, Jeff, and Chad! …also Amy Fast & Tom Loud (daily inspiration for teachers), Matthew X. Joseph & Alice Keeler (awesome resources), Susan Jachymiak (awesome first year teacher), & Mike Miele (project-based learning guru)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Podcasts: Be Education & Teaching Keating with Weston & Molly Kieschnick
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Find a new hobby that is completely out of your profession.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Don’t try to be somebody, try to do something.” – President Barack Obama
Links to Connect With Erin
- Website: mshallclassroom.com or yesri.org
- Twitter:@erinhall47 – @yesriorg
- Facebook Page: facebook.com/erinhall47 or facebook.com/yesriorg
- Instagram: @mshallclassroom – @yesriorg