Educator and entrepreneur, Emily David, chats with us about reforming the way we teach civics education, embracing failure, and changing the way we access news.'We saw that misinformation is not only a media issue, but also an educational issue.' - Emily David of @bitesmedia from episode 145 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 0:41 – Shoutout to Ryan Caswell! Check out www.caswellvisuals.com
- 2:25 – Talking about our Valentine’s Day Blog Series.
- 5:52 – Previewing the episode with Emily David.
- 9:05 – Emily introduces herself.
- 9:50 – Talking about Bites Media.
- 12:50 – Emily’s failure: Spelling and grammatical errors in company email.
- 17:03 – Emily’s success: Learning to read and reading to learn.
- 19:42 – What’s keeping Emily excited about education right now: Civics education reform.
- 21:17 – Emily’s advice for teachers: Embrace fail. Collaborate with your colleagues.
- 23:03 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 25:37 – How to connect with Emily
- EdTech Tool: Bites Media
- Book: “Talking to Strangers” by Malcom Gladwell
- Who to Follow on Social Media:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: TedEd
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Monthly Gratitude.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Be big, be bold, be brave.
Links to Connect With Emily
- Website: bitesmedia.com
- Twitter: @bitesmedia
- Facebook Page: @bitesnews
- Instagram: @bites_media
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org