Instructional coach, and author of “Take The L.E.A.P.,” Elisabeth Bostwick chats with us about fostering culture, encouraging students to take ownership over their learning, sparking curiosity, and inspiring creativity in our students.
Elisabeth shares how being a mom drives her passion for education, why we need to re-imagine learning, and how she learns something new every time she walks into another teacher’s classroom.
- 5:11 – Preview of today’s episode.
- 8:02 – Elisabeth introduces herself.
- 12:30 – Elisabeth’s failure.
- 20:33 – Elisabeth’s success.
- 27:40 – What’s got Elisabeth excited about education right now.
- 29:20 – Elisabeth’s piece of advice.
- 31:48 – Elisabeth’s tells about her book, “Take The L.E.A.P. – Ignite A Culture of Innovation” and the book, “Educate Write Now: Volume 2.”
- 34:30 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 37:13 – How to connect with Elisabeth.
- EdTech Tool: Twitter
- Book: “Drawn to Teach: An Illustrated Guide to Transforming Your Teaching” by Josh Stumpenhorst
- Who to Follow: Tom Murray, George Couros, Mandy Froehlich, Katie Martin, Kristen Gainer, Jennifer Gonzalez, Sean Gaillard, Tara Martin, Dave Burgess, Joe Sanfelippo, Brian Mendler, LaVonna Roth, Jimmy Casas, Jeff Zoul, Hans Appel, Rachelle Dene Poth, Heidi Veal, Laura Gilchrist
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Ted X, Cult Of Pedagogy
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Take time for yourself.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Take time to enjoy some white space, meaning take time to take care of yourself, and your own health, so you can be the best version of yourself for others.
Links to Connect With Elisabeth
- Website: www.elisabethbostwick.com
- Twitter: @elisabostwick
- Instagram: @elisabostwick