Viral YouTube star, and 4th grade teacher, Dwayne Reed, chats with us about using the gifts and talents you have, building relationships, and the incredible opportunity teachers have to positively impact kids.'When they feel confident to share about their lives, and the good or the bad that's going on in their lives, that is a success for me.' - @TeachMrReed from episode 152 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:45 – Highlighting Dr. Neil Gupta (@drneilgupta).
- 5:24 – Previewing the episode with Dwayne Reed.
- 9:18 – Dwayne introduces himself.
- 10:40 – Discussing Dwayne’s first viral song, “Welcome to the 4th Grade.”
- 15:19 – Dwayne’s failure: Having troubles with his 4th grade class. Struggling to connect with a student.
- 18:50 – Dwayne’s success: One of his scholars said “I like taking quizzes now.”
- 21:16 – What’s keeping Dwayne excited about education right now: Connecting with people.
- 25:55 – Dwayne’s advice for teachers: Find one thing that you like about that kid that you “don’t like.” Find ways to over-emphasize your appreciation for your scholars.
- 30:00 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 33:00 – How to connect with Dwayne.
- EdTech Tool: Class Dojo
- Book: “How to be Antiracist” by Ibram X. Kendi.
- Who to Follow on Social Media:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Edutopia
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Have chants that you use.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Ask as many questions as possible.
Links to Connect With Dwayne
- Twitter: @TeachMrReed
- Facebook Page: TeachMrReed
- Instagram: @TeachMrReed
- YouTube: Mr. Reed
- Email: DwaynePReed@gmail.com