Middle school principal, Don Epps, chats with us about building a connection with your community, getting uncomfortable in order to grow, and why you need to find your “Frosty Moment.”
Don shares his journey into creating morning videos to spread positivity, why relationships are so important, and how you can be the best “you” you can be.
- 0:36 – Shout out to Andrea (@KalchbrennerELA).
- 3:19 – How can we bring our community into the classroom?
- 6:20 – A preview of today’s episode with Don Epps.
- 9:14 – Don introduces himself.
- 9:57 – Don’s failure – The Frosty Story.
- 16:25 – Don’s success – Testapalooza!
- 20:55 – What’s got Don excited about education every day.
- 21:50 – Don’s advice to new teachers.
- 23:13 – Don shares how his morning videos came about.
- 27:00 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 29:47 – How to connect with Don.
- EdTech Tool: Google Suite / Twitter
- Book: “Block Breaker” by Brian Aspinall and “The Pepper Effect” by Sean Gaillard
- Who to Follow: Hans Appel /Bethany Hill / Joe Sanfelippo / Adam Welcome / Jennifer Quattrucci / Brian Aspinall / Jay Billy / Shelley Burgess
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: www.awardwinningculture.com podcast and @emswildcats1
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Make sure you give intentional notes of kindness to your peers. Find ways to show your peers that you support them and you care about them.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Just be the best you.
Links to Connect With Don