Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Author, Speaker, and Podcast Host, Dave Schmittou, chats with us about getting out of the way so teachers can try something big, being authentic for the right reasons, and why he calls himself the chief cheerleader of teaching.
Dave shares how teaching his son to ride a bike changed how he looks at education, how this is your opportunity to go try something, and why you need to go out and look for the good.'Wow...the opportunities I missed by worrying more about myself than the people I serve.' - @daveschmittou from episode 125 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:30 – Chatting about the upcoming FREE PD Series in our Private Facebook Group.
- 7:37 – Previewing the episode with Dave Schmittou.
- 11:28 – Dave introduces himself.
- 13:00 – Chatting about Dave’s books, “Bold Humility” and “It’s Like Riding A Bike.“
- 17:30 – Talking about Dave’s podcast, the “Lasting Learning Podcast.“
- 21:13 – Dave’s failure: Defining himself as a failure.
- 24:39 – Dave’s success: Being able to come on a podcast like this and allowing others to get to the real story.
- 27:42 – Throwing a little love to Mandy Froehlich.
- 29:40 – What’s keeping Dave excited about education: EduRockstars
- 32:03 – Dave’s advice for teachers: Do it. Stop waiting til next year.
- 34:44 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 36:32 – How to connect with Dave.
- EdTech Tool: Instagram
- Book: “Un-Offend-Able” by Brant Hansen
- Who to Follow on Instagram: Brian Mendler (@BrianMendler), Daniel Patterson (@cdmveep), Jessica Lahey (@jesslahey)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: quinnrollins.com
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Sing the praises of someone new. When you go out and you look for the good, you’re going to find the good.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Don’t ever begin a sentence with, I can’t wait until….
Links to Connect With Dave
- Website: schmittou.net
- Twitter: @daveschmittou
- Instagram: @daveschmittou