Instructional coach, and host of the Leader Of Learning Podcast, Dan Kreiness, chats with us about staying true to your why, rolling with the punches, and finding the positive in every failure.
Dan talks about the power of getting connected, how we need to get comfortable being uncomfortable, and why you need to think of yourself as a leader.'Every once and a while, something new is going to get thrown at you, and you're gonna have to roll with the punches.' - @dkreiness from episode 108 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:27 – Rae slyly plugs our new book, “Teach Better.” Get it now on Amazon!
- 8:47 – Previewing the episode with Dan Kreiness.
- 12:46 – Dan introduces himself.
- 14:07 – Talking about Dan’s recent transitions to a new school.
- 15:41 – Dan’s tips for teachers going through changes in their careers.
- 18:07 – Dan’s failure: Figuring out that sometimes things just aren’t the right fit.
- 21:11 – Dan’s success: Being recognized as a 2017 ASCD Emerging Leader.
- 25:34 – What’s got Dan excited about education right now: Adult learning – Helping to inspire teachers.
- 28:25 – Dan’s advice for new teachers: Get connected. Developing yourself as an educator can’t happen if you’re teaching in isolation.
- 31:28 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 33:40 – How to connect with Dan.
- EdTech Tool: Google Calendar
- Book: “Innovate Inside the Box” by George Couros and Katie Novak.
- Who to Follow on Instagram: Sabba Quidwai – @AskMsQ
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Claudi0 Zavala, Jr. and Baruti Kafele (aka Principal Kafele).
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Daily – try your best to leave work at work.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care” – Teddy Roosevelt
Links to Connect With Dan
- Website: leaderoflearning.com
- Twitter: @dkreiness
- Facebook Page: Leader Of Learning
- Instagram: @dkreiness and @leaderoflearning
- Podcast: Leader Of Learning