Middle school principal (Rae’s principal!), Chris McGraw, chats about having swagger while staying humble, making sure you’re filling yourself up in order to give to others, and all the bumps and bruises he’s learned from along the way.
Chris shares what’s got him excited about education, and takes us on a laugh-filled look into the awesome culture he and his team have built at Evans Junior High.
- 1:01 – Some info on what we’re looking for in proposals for the Teach Better Conference (November 8-9, 2019).
- 6:22 – A quick preview of the episode with Chris McGraw.
- 9:56 – Chris introduces himself.
- 15:51 – Chris’s failure.
- 22:46 – Chris’s success.
- 28:30 – What’s got Chris excited in education right now.
- 32:40 – Chris’s advice for new teachers.
- 34:44 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 37:28 – How to connect with Chris.
- EdTech Tool: Google Sites
- Book: “Father Brown Mystery Stories” by G.K. Chesterton
- Who to Follow: Any kind of educational twitter chat.
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Bad Lip Reading on YouTube
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Find time to turn off your email.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Yesterday’s over. Tomorrow hasn’t begun. All you have is today. Let’s begin.
Links to Connect With Chris
- Website: www.unit5.org/evans
- Twitter: @MisterMcGraw @EvansJrHigh
- Facebook Page: @EvansJrHigh
- Instagram: @EvansJuniorHigh
- YouTube: Evans Junior High School