Chris Chappotin chats with us about growing as learners and servants so we can turn it toward our students. He breaks down his district’s 3 components for creating engaging learning, and why he tries to be a person of high energy who tries to pour that energy into others.
Chris talks about getting into a routine of kindness, dealing with a loss of confidence, and how to be the person you want your students and teammates to become.
- 1:19 – Twitter shoutout to Jeffrey Austin (@MrAustinA2)
- 3:09 – Chatting about surveying our students, from a conversation in our private Facebook group.
- 8:39 – A look into today’s episode.
- 11:44 – Chris introduces himself.
- 12:51 – Chris’s failure.
- 17:50 – Chris’s success.
- 21:21 – What’s got Chris excited about education right now. Chris breaks down his district’s 3 components for creating engaging learning.
- 25:59 – Chris’s advice to all teachers looking to create an engaging environment for their students.
- 28:19 – What Chris wants every teacher to know about admins.
- 29:30 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 36:00 – How to connect with Chris.
- EdTech Tool: Twitter and Voxer
- Book: “A Leader’s Guide to Excellence in Every Classroom” by John R. Wink.
- Who to Follow: Shannon Buerk (@ShannonKBuerk) and Brandon Johnson (@bjohnsonEDU)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Go find productivity apps and EdTech tips. Currently learning a lot about Notion.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Schedule time to be thankful. Get into a routine of kindness.
- Chris breaks down how they track positive emails to students.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Consider others better than yourself.
Links to Connect With Chris