Educator and explorer, Becky Schnekser, chats with us about teaching science the way it is meant to be taught, have phalange wars with her students, and being unapologetically you.
Becky shares why you need to get connected, the fact that she has probably internet stalked you, and how we’re going to change the world through the power of education.'I think the way that we're going to save the world is by using the power of education.' - @schnekser from episode 114 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 3:05 – Talking about keeping our energy and positivity up during the tougher times of the school year, and the support resources in place for you. Including our private facebook group.
- 7:51 – Previewing the episode with Becky Schnekser
- 12:27 – Becky introduces herself.
- 14:54 – Becky’s failure: Postcard exchange with students around the U.S. It flopped. Flipped it to an expedition experience in her classroom.
- 20:02 – Becky’s success: Thumb war with student.
- 28:44 – Becky’s advice for teachers to be a part of the change: You have to connect.
- 32:32 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 39:00 – How to connect with Becky.
- EdTech Tool: Twitter
- Book: “Teach Better” by the Teach Better Team
- Who to Follow on Instagram:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: ArtHub for Kids
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Daily, weekly, or monthly positive communication home–choose the time frame that works for you and do it!
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Be unapologetically you
Links to Connect With Becky
- Website: www.expeditionschnekser.com
- Twitter: @schnekser
- Facebook Page: Becky.Schnekser
- Instagram: @schnekser
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG4TpX6oPM3jbqrW3zJpXEA