Angela Maiers chats with us about changing the world, chasing big dreams, and understanding that you are enough.
Angela shares how we can have an impact even if we aren’t perfect, the power of daily affirmations, and why the same thing has kept her excited for 32 years.'To make an impact, you don't have to be perfect. You need to be present with people.' - @angelamaiers from episode 113 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 4:10 – Shoutout to our good friends at IDEA (www.ideaillinois.org)
- Come see Jeff and Rae at IDEA Con in February, 2020!
- 5:51 – Previewing the episode with Angela Maiers.
- 8:46 – Angela introduces herself.
- 11:20 – Angela’s failure: Waiting for others to define the conversation.
- 15:50 – Angela’s success: Joining Seth Godin’s “The Domino Team.”
- 21:00 – What’s keeping Angela excited about education right now: It’s been the same for 32 years.
- 28:24 – Angela’s advice for new teachers: You are enough.
- 31:59 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 38:05 – How to connect with Angela.
- 42:23 – Angela gives us all a FREE course!
- EdTech Tool: Zoom
- Book: “Linchpin” by Seth Godin
- Who to Follow on Twitter or Instagram: People outside your network–will talk about why! Anyone who inspires you can push your thinking can offer different perspectives. People who do that for me:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Again–I suggest in addition to following people in your network–step outside.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Daily affirmations. Every day teachers need to affirm that THEY MATTER–not just their kids but WE MATTER. Worthiness is a daily practice!
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Stand for something.
Links to Connect With Angela
- Website: angelamaiers.com
- Twitter: @angelamaiers
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AngelaMaiers
- Books: www.angelamaiers.com/publications
- Shop: www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Angela-Maiers – All profits go to choose2matter.org.